Share your movie recommendations

Fafnir

• Moderators

Hello everyone, I was browsing the forum and found this awesome place for movies and tv shows.

Ever since I became a servant of the internet world I haven't been keeping up on any movies or tv shows for that matter and was wondering if someone had any recommendations for the more recent movies (2010 and forward).

I have heard a lot of the more popular ones but what I hear on the internet is always a bit sketchy to me. So If you have personally watched a movie and want to share/recommend please post here along with your experiece if possible!

Have a nice day and thank you in advance.

I am going to recommend you some tv shows/movies that i personally like and i am going to leave a rating(personal rating).

TV Shows: Game Of Thrones(9.8/10), Vikings(9/10), Breaking Bad(9.5/10), TheBlacklist:Redemption(9.6/10), Arrow(8.8/10), Dexter(9.5/10), Lucifer(9.7/10), Narcos(8.7/10), American Dad(9.4/10).

Movies: My personal favorite Movies are: John Wick & John Wick : Chapter2. I watched so many movies and i really forgot about a lot of them but one new movie that is actually awesome is: Death Wish featuring Bruce Willis i give it 9.5/10 it is really awesome.

• Administrators

There are so many that come to mind of course a lot depend on what you like. For instance, My parents really like romantic little diddys like Terms of Endearment and stuff-I would rather stand in front of a firing squad.  lol 

It's all subjective of course but I really like:

Maze Runner. Just got all the great elements of suspense, horror, action,  excitement 

The LIfe of Pi.  Stranded on an Island with nothing but a tiger, (and it's not the kind that is on a cereal box)

Argo. CIA (got a theme going on here) rescuing Americans in the crisis of 1979

Arrival. If you do not get too picky with the continuity, it's about a person that speaks Alien to a 12 pack of ships hovering over the earth

Now You See Me.  Magicians that rob banks with magic. Puts Pay Day 2 to shame. lol

American Hustle. An FBI agent and a con man. Wait that was a redundant statement

Inception. CIA,. Corporate greed, planting dreams in your head (wait Steam does that too) 

Wolf of Wall Street  Will teach all  700,236 ways to use the "F" bomb in new and exciting ways

Detroit. (for pretty obvious reasons) All about the 1967 Detroit Riots that nearly burnt the city to the ground (hindsight, probably would have not been bad to do that) 

Force Majeure. An inexperienced family decides to take a "day trip" in the French alps. If you like snow, this movie if for you

Pee'Wee's Big Top Adventure .  It's about a guy doing  a kids show that decides to play with himself in a Florida theater and gets busted. (kidding, that happened afterwards)

TV Shows:

Lost. 4,8,15,16,23,42 is all you need to know about this one. 6 seasons and I have seen the series three times 

Mr. Robot (2nd favorite all time)

Deception, Magic again.

Curse of Oak Island. Searching for the 230 year old treasure mystery (reality show).  I like this one too because the two Brothers are real life friends of our family 

Hope this helps.

• Moderators
On 2018-03-24 at 5:16 PM, TheGuardiaN™ said:

Movies: My personal favorite Movies are: John Wick & John Wick : Chapter2. I watched so many movies and i really forgot about a lot of them but one new movie that is actually awesome is: Death Wish featuring Bruce Willis i give it 9.5/10 it is really awesome.

John Wick is a movie everyone has been telling to go watch but I have been procrastinating, I think the time has finally come for me to watch those two. I will also keep Death Wish in mind, thank you for the recommendations.

On 2018-03-24 at 7:52 PM, Ejay said:

Maze Runner. Just got all the great elements of suspense, horror, action,  excitement

The LIfe of Pi.  Stranded on an Island with nothing but a tiger, (and it's not the kind that is on a cereal box)

Now You See Me.  Magicians that rob banks with magic. Puts Pay Day 2 to shame. lol

I have heard a lot good things from these so I will probably start off with them. the others you posted will kept in mind going forward.
I don't remember if I saw American Hustle recently or not, might have been a movie with a similar title.

The TV show Lost, I started watching a long time ago around the time the first seasons were airing but I never got to the conclusion. I have been wanting to go back and re watch the whole thing for some time now but six seasons is not a short amount of time so I have always been reluctant. Thank you for the recommendations EJay.

• Administrators

I really like the maze runner movies. And Now You See me-well I like magic.

Lost: Depending on where you left off., if you got past the first season, it is a worthy endeavor. And after watching the series three times, I still sometimes wonder what happened.  lol

Archived